Love INC (In the name of Christ) of Linn County is part of a nationwide network of Love INC affiliates. Launched in 2009, we are comprised of 30 partner churches in Linn County and numerous Christians who are mobilized to see the love of Christ in action.
How does LOVE INC work?
- Individuals in participating churches fill out volunteer surveys, indicating the type of assistance they can provide. Assistance can include anything from help with computer skills to driving someone to an appointment to weeding a flowerbed. Fill out the online survey and click the Submit button to send to Love INC. (The submit button is located at the bottom of the survey form.)
- Requests or referrals for help are received at the Love INC office from individuals, churches, or agencies.
- Needs are screened for legitimacy and referrals are made to the most appropriate source of help (i.e., a local social service agency, a helping organization, or a Love INC Coordinator in a participating church).
- The Love INC coordinator at a participating church identifies an available volunteer based on information from the volunteer surveys from their congregation. The need is met, the volunteer reports the results, and the Love INC office provides a follow-up call to the person who received the help.
- If an individual or family needs additional assistance, a request is made to Love INC and the process begins again.
Services you can offer